Latest version is ShellEnhancer
(released 22nd Dec 2006)
Major New Features of 188.8.131.52
- Major rewrite of the backend, making it much more stable and fixing the applications crashes like for Java applications, Winamp...
Because of this, ShellEnhancer now requires Windows XP or later.
- Live Preview: continuously update the little preview in the Enhanced Alt+Tab Taskswitcher.
- Full Windows XP native Unicode support.
- Major fixes for the Shell Enhanced Applications feature, especially when applied to windows of Windows Explorer.
- The mouse-screen-corner feature now fully supports multi-monitor systems.
- Lots of new features for the Enhanced Alt+Tab TaskSwitcher.
- Option to draw mouse gesture trails on screen when drawing a mouse gesture.
- Option to rollup windows by double clicking on titlebar.
- More options for the On Screen Display (OSD).
- Minimized-to-tray windows icons are restored when ShellEnhancer is restarted after it crashes.
- This version also includes lots of other enhancements and bugfixes. Learn
more about all the other new features and bug fixes in version 184.108.40.206.
What is ShellEnhancer?
ShellEnhancer is an application designed to enhance the default
shell of Windows and to make your life easier.
ShellEnhancer includes two types of taskswitcher (Enhanced
TaskSwitcher and Mosaic TaskSwitcher) which you can use to replace the
default Windows Alt+Tab taskswitcher. The Enhanced TaskSwitcher
supports live previews.
ShellEnhancer allows you to make your own tasks. Tasks consist of a
number of commands which get executed one after the other. Available
commands include: insert text, send keystroke, manipulate windows, run
program, start screensaver, lock workstation and many other.
Tasks can be executed with hotkeys, mouse gestures or screen corners.
An On Screen Display (OSD) can be shown when a task is run.
With X-Window style moving and resizing you don't have to move your
mouse to a corner of a window to move or resize it.
Other features include: rolling up windows, making any window
transparent, always on top, keep focus, ... This can also be automated
with the Auto Managed Windows feature.
To view a feature list of ShellEnhancer, click