» Important Notes
» Known Issues
» What's new?
» PAD Files
» Bug Report
» Wallpaper Cycler
The following is a list of known issues with ShellEnhancer:
Known Issues With Version 220.127.116.11
The following is a list of known issues with ShellEnhancer version 18.104.22.168. (New issues will be added to the top of this list.)
- When the option "Add menu items to the system/window menu of each
window" is disabled, the system/window menu might keep schrinking. If
you don't want to add those menu items, keep the setting enabled, but
use the "Change order of extra system/window menu items" to remove all
extra menu items.
- Windows Vista: Due to the new UAC (User Account Control) in Windows Vista, almost nothing of ShellEnhancer will work
on windows of applications that are running with higher privileges than the level of privilege at which
ShellEnhancer itself is running.
For example: if you are logged in as a user without administrative priviliges, are running ShellEnhancer as that user
and you start a program that requires administrative rights, the UAC will ask for the password of the administrator to run
that program. All windows created by that program are running with administrative rights and ShellEnhancer (running without
administrative rights) cannot do anything with these windows due to the UAC security measures of Windows Vista.
There is nothing that can be done about this. This is the new Windows Vista security, however, it only happens with
elevated privileges which is uncommon with normal everyday Windows Vista usage, so this issue should not pop up that often.
- For colorkeying: picking a color will not work on a transparent window or some windows that have been transparent before. This is a limitation in Windows.
- 16-bit applications are not fully supported: no extra window/system menu items are added.
- Transparency on large windows can cause a
performance issue. Unfortunately this is an issue with the way Windows
implements transparent windows and there is nothing I can do about this.
(These issues will most probably be solved in ShellEnhancer for Windows
- When you enable transparency on windows, you might
get some redraw problems in some applications. This is not a bug with
ShellEnhancer but it is an issue with these applications because they
are not designed to be made transparent.